This week is a busy one--wrapping things up in Oregon and transitioning into big kid life.
I've got work to do, sleepovers to organize, people to get coffee with, job applications to finish, laundry to do, packing to accomplish, phone calls to be made, wedding presents to buy, shoes to pick out and a slew of other things.
On Saturday, my dad and I will begin epic cross country road trip #5 of my life. We'll take a detour to Medford for a wedding and then hit Nevada, Utah, Colorado and Kansas on our way to another wedding in St. Louis. Then he'll fly back to Portland and I'll finish the drive to Tulsa with my new roommate.
This is a time of mixed feelings. Bittersweet emotions.
I am sad to leave the youth group girls, my Portland friends, and the comfort of home & family.
I am excited to get settled into my place--to live with Kaley, to decorate my room, to make my own meals and to experience independence. A fresh start.
I am nervous about not having a job yet...and nervous about the bills that will start piling up almost immediately.
Trust.
Also...this has been stuck in my head lately.
"Prone to wander,
Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love.
Take my heart, Lord,
Take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above."
--It hits home. I am soooo prone to wandering. So prone to letting life and busyness get in the way of my relationship with Jesus. And so I ask that He seal my heart and make me His. Over and over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment