I'm one of those weirdos who is always searching for routine and normalcy in life. But sometimes it's just not possible. Right now, my days consist of new teacher training and setting up my classroom--which is an overwhelming process, in and of itself. I am constantly comparing my room to the other teachers' rooms...and then I think about the first day of school and what my lesson plans should look like and I get discouraged and think, "Maybe I CAN'T do this."
So, I need to do a few things...
1) I need to take a deep breath and chill the heck out
2) I need to remember that all of the other teachers whose classrooms and lesson plans and procedures are perfect have YEARS of experience under their belts
3) I need to thank Jesus for my job and my classroom and my benefits and my future students--I get paid to do the thing I'm passionate about!
Jesus, I praise you for providing this incredible job for me. But I am going to need your help every step of the way.
Um. Ma'am. My lesson plans aren't perfect. Neither are my procedures. You will be FANTASTIC. My first day of teaching I forgot to go to Specials and my eentor teacher had to come get me. My first day at Union I forgot to unlock the door to my classroom, and Dr. B tried to come in during my Morning Meeting, and I had to get up, and unlock the door, for her to come and and tell me that it was illegal to keep my door locked. Awesome. SO just remember to go to Specials and unlock your door and you'll be GOLDEN!
ReplyDeleteoh, anna. that post just made my day! thanks for the funny stories and all the encouragement! it means A LOT :)
ReplyDelete