Wow. I am a blog-updating failure. Let's face it.
I have been teaching for something crazy like seven weeks now and I'm getting into more of a groove as time goes on...I think ;) We just finished up a social studies unit on the Northeast [which was super fun for me!] and we're beginning to study electric circuits in science [which I know absolutely nothing about]. Reading and writing are coming along and then there's math--place value, multi-digit addition and subtraction, mean, median and mode...and I think evil fractions will be soon. Blech. I have to teach myself all the math before I teach it to them...haha.
The apartment is slowly coming along. We even have a knife set and baking dishes now. Regular Martha Stewarts, we are. Although there's still nothing on the walls in the living room or dining room and still no dining room table and chairs. Someday :)
I am slowly working my way through all of the Harry Potter books. I started #5 today. I'm really rediscovering my love of reading since I've started teaching. I'm trying to practice what I preach and making my kids read 20 minutes per night seemed rather hypocritical when I wasn't doing it myself. I'm excited that teaching has turned me into a better reader and writer!
I love fall. And it IS fall, even if it doesn't feeeeeel like it yet--dumb weather and dumb, unchanging trees. Fall makes me want to buy things. Like welcome mats and autumn wreaths and yummy smelling candles and pumpkins and candy corn.
Speaking of buying things...
Ugh. Life is so expensive. There are so many essential uses for my money...but all I want to spend it on are things like tickets to see Wicked and a new TV and clothes and decorations for my apartment and traveling. Traveling has been on my mind a lot lately and I'm dying to do two state-side things: be in the New England area during fall and spend Christmastime in New York City. Of course, there are more adventurous, expensive destinations on my list, but those will come with time...and money.
Well, it's late and I need to hit the hay.
Maybe I'll just read onnnnnne more chapter of Harry Potter before I go to bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment