Thursday, December 30, 2010

As I think about New Year's resolutions, I have to limit myself--but a few come to mind.
  • Be closer to Jesus [I've got some stuff to sort through in this area]
  • Be healthier
  • Travel more
  • Live a passionate life
I tend to get bogged down in resolutions; I'm a perfectionist and I'm highly critical of myself...so allowing myself to think about all the things I need to improve is not a very healthy thing for me to do. But these are general enough, right?
I have places I'm DYING [Greece, France, Italy, Ireland--to name a few] to see and I'm just being a penny-pinching chicken about it. If I don't woman up, I'm going to be that person who says she wants to see the world and never does it.
And about being passionate--I'm not singing, I'm not acting, I'm not seeing the world, I'm not helping people, I'm not exploring photography, I'm not learning to play the guitar that's sitting in my room, etc. ALL [probably] because I'm afraid of failing--afraid of committing the time, the money, putting myself out there and finding that I can't do it. Something's gotta give.

Oh, and what in the world am I going to do with my summer? Three months to do with as I please--but this time around, there's rent and bills to pay. I've got lots of options and plenty of time in which to consider them, but it's already weighing on my mind.
I don't know if I'd have the energy for summer school, although it's the choice that makes the most sense. I need to travel. And if I make it home in time, I could join my youth group on their mission trip again...although it's a direct conflict with summer school. I could babysit all summer--but that might make me want to tear my hair out. Maybe I could work for a summer camp or something. Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Miss Hannah :) First let me say I miss you so much and I'm so proud of you being a big bad teacher and I'm thinking of you. Second.. for my personal selfishness I thing you should come to ESPO this summer. Funny that I happen to read this post of yours because just last night I was reminiscing on last year's awesome trip! I hope all is well with you and I hope the new year is bringing great things into your life so far. Lots of love, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete