Sunday, June 30, 2013

#encouragementforsingles

I am single.
It's not a curse.
It's just a fact...and sometimes even a blessing :)
I am content in my life.  I work hard.  I have hobbies.  I pursue my passions.  I am surrounded by fabulous people.  I am involved at church.  I come and go as I please.
I am not waiting for a man in order to "start my life."
BUT.
I have the desire to be married.
To share my life with someone.
To love someone with my whole heart.

And every once in a great while, the enemy whispers a very specific lie to me.

"It's never going to happen for you."

On a rough day, I believe it and I get discouraged.

But then I remind myself of what I already know:
My Jesus is faithful.
The desires of my heart are from Him.
He has big plans for me.
He loves me more than I can even imagine.
He wants what's best for me.
His timing is perfect.
His ways are higher than my ways.

The word says...
Take delight in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart. [Psalm 37:4]
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. [Philippians 4:6-7]
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. [Jeremiah 29:11]
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. [Romans 8:28]
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! [Isaiah 30:18]

So.
In those moments when being single sucks, I will stand on His word.  I will remember His promises.  I will fill my heart with hope.
And I will live a purposeful, fabulous life in the meantime :)

3 comments:

  1. Loved reading this post because I remember being right where you are! Hang in there girl-you are right to wait on the Lord as His timing is perfect! The best book I ever read (other than the Bible of course) :-) was "Lady In Waiting". It is a fairly old book but if you can get your hands on a copy I would HIGHLY recommend it. The funny thing was that I lived in a house with 9 girls in college and we all passed it around. Less than two years later we were all married so we always joke it was because of that book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a lovely post to read. I know exactly what it feels like to have the "lonely girl" moment and to be encouraged by the truth of God's word. This year, I got into an emotional place where I was really feeling this, then I ran across a post on pinterest.

    I tried to post it, but apparently I can't paste images here. So here's the link - http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/550x/98/bb/6d/98bb6d4a426a626ea4f8b965c7a1f918.jpg

    At that time, I was flooded with peace and the Holy Spirit reminded me of the truth.
    It was great :) !

    I'm holding to it too- God's perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete