Sunday, September 1, 2013

Life is Short. Take lots of pictures.

Life has gotten rather exciting lately for the slowly-blooming, itty-bitty business of Dearheart Photography :)

First of all, I missed my first anniversary...but I'm blown away by the fact that I've been officially pursuing this dream for over 12 months now.  Business ebbs and flows, but I am incredibly grateful for clients, supportive friends & family members, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow and change.  Here are some of the awesome and recent developments:

  • I made the decision to get my Photography Certificate at TCC and couldn't be happier about it.  I am crazy excited to finally get some formal training, to fill in the holes I have and to develop myself further as a photographer.  I started my first of eight classes last week and can't wait for next Wednesday :)
  • I joined a meet up group of Tulsa digital photographers and hope that my schedule will allow me to join them in one of their excursions soon!  I still have so much to learn, and know that rubbing elbows with seasoned photographers will only make me better.
  • I bought a reflector and am excited to experiment and improve my photographs!
  • I got brave and entered seven photos in the Tulsa State Fair.  It's totally random and I don't expect anything to come of it, but I'm proud of myself for doing it!
  • I am back to work on my website and hope to launch it before the first of the year :)
And now, I shall leave with some shots from my recent photo sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment