We moved to Jersey very soon after because my parents didn't want to raise me in the city.
We went back when I was four, but I remember nothing about it.
I've been told that I lost a tooth in the cracks of the fold-out couch.
Clearly a memorable trip ;)
Throughout junior high and high school, I felt a pull towards the fabulous city of NYC and decided to audition early decision for NYU my junior year. And then...I totally wussed out, had a pre-quarter-life crisis, and decided that theater wasn't my life's calling.
I had the chance to go back when I was 18. My choir sang in Carnegie Hall and I had the opportunity to do some of the fun, big, touristy stuff. But I knew I'd be back...
I went back last spring for a few short hours while photographing a live event in Jersey. And again, I knew it wouldn't be my last time.
And now...
in three short days, I will be there again.
With a fabulous friend by my side and the chance [for the first time] to do whatevvvvvvver I want in that magical city. I am positively beside myself with excitement.
And maybe someday, I won't have to leave...

No comments:
Post a Comment