Let alone in Tulsa, Oklahoma for eight years.
But here I am and I couldn't be more grateful.
I've built a great life here: I have a rewarding career with wonderful students and fabulous co-workers, a small business, a creative outlet, amazing friends, a wonderful church and a host of lovely memories.
But.
I'm antsy.
And filled with something big that's dying to get out and explore the world beyond these safe walls.
And filled with something big that's dying to get out and explore the world beyond these safe walls.
So...I will teach for one more year in Tulsa.
Next summer, I will be moving to New York City to embark upon the adventure of a lifetime.
My plan isn't a whole lot more intricate than that and for those of you who know this Type A kid, that's a big deal.
The details will come in time ;)
Some may call it a quarter-life crisis [that was a little generous--I'm totally not 25 anymore!], but I call it "Why the heck not?!"
I'm still [sort of] young and the world is my oyster, which is simultaneously exciting and terrifying and bitter-sweet.
So. I will treasure the time I have left here in Tulsa...and daydream & plan about the life to come in that magical place.
No comments:
Post a Comment