Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever’s in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah

I heard this Bethany Dillon song in the car today and it made me think. Hallelujah can be translated into “Praise Yaweh” or can be thought of as a joyful expression of praise. No matter the circumstance or the challenge that stands in front of us, we should choose to praise God for it and through it.

Practical application: I’ve got an empty apartment sitting in Tulsa, ready to be furnished. I will soon have cell phone bills, electric bills, water bills, rent and student loans to pay and no steady income [as of July 10th] with which to pay them. And I have boxes and boxes of children’s books, but no classroom in which to put them. In all of this, I choose to sing “Hallelujah.” I choose to have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment