Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shopping can be...fun?

I've never enjoyed shopping.  Trying things on can be very depressing when you aren't happy with the way you look in any of them.

But today, I turned a corner.  I realized that this new body of mine is easier and more fun to dress.  See?
I never used to wear sleeveless things because I didn't like my arms.  And I haven't worn shorts [besides boy's basketball shorts] in years, but today I bought a pair :)

I think the picture I have in my head is a picture of what I used to look like, but today I really saw a difference in myself...in the sizes I tried on, in the mirror and in the way I felt.

This weight loss journey has been hard [I still struggle on a daily basis with making good food choices and not wanting to work out], but it has been sooooo worth it.  I love that I am healthier, I love that I am smaller and I love the confidence I have gained.  Life is so much better nowadays!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you girl! I am on my journey as well (again) after having my baby, but I have been in your shoes before - starting to like what you see...that is awesome. You look soooooo good!! I haven't worn shorts in years as well, and look forward to the day I can. (I think Texas was the last time I wore them and that's because I would sweat to death if not) I'm right with you - keep up the great work girl - YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! :)

    Laurie Jolicoeur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. laurie--i'm so glad we're going through this together! thank you for the encouragement! keep truckin' through! we can do this :)

      Delete
  2. I'm wearing shorts for the first time TOO! I can't stop! Glad we're going through this at the same time :) Although I am about 20 pounds behind you I think.

    Keep bloggin!
    -Theath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. get it, theath! :) so proud of you, girl! isn't it fun to be satisfied with what you see in the mirror? love and miss you!

      Delete