My camera and I are loving spring so far!
It makes for exciting events [like new babies and weddings!] and awesome weather for outdoor shoots. Well, in theory. We do live in Oklahoma ;)
A few weeks ago, I spent the afternoon with a teacher friend from school, her husband and their adorable dog-baby, Molly. They are such a great couple and their love for each other is obvious and super sweet. I really enjoyed the time I spent with them!
Then I got to meet sweet, long-awaited Margot Louise!
Her mommy and I were in a show together last spring and became friends. When Hilary asked me to do her maternity pictures, I was delighted and couldn't wait to meet darling "Sprout" [as the baby was affectionately referred to, since the gender was a mystery].
Just as I expected, Margot is gorgeous--which is no surprise if you've seen her parents ;) Besides being good looking and talented, they are also loving, doting and protective. She's one lucky little girl!
I recently got the chance of a lifetime to take photos at a live event in New York City...but that's a separate blog post in and of itself ;)
I also photographed my first event[s] for church last Saturday. We were involved in Unite My City and volunteered at the Laura Dester Shelter and the Crisis Pregnancy Outreach. I really enjoy capturing candid moments, so this was a lot of fun for me and it's even better when I get to help out with a good cause :)
There's lots of other exciting stuff coming up: weddings up the wazoo in the next month [second-shooting two here in town and then working the photo booth at one in California], collaborating with a friend on a new logo and hoping to spend some quality time working on my website when life allows.
I am forever and always grateful that the Lord has given me an artisitic outlet that I enjoy and opportunites to learn and grow! Here's to hoping that those keep coming :)
No comments:
Post a Comment