Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Story of New York.

Back in April, I mysteriously disappeared onto a sleeper bus, leaving most of my Facebook friends and co-workers a little confused.

I'm here to fill in the blanks, but it requires some background information. 

Rewind to the year 2004.

After I graduated from high school, I moved to Texas and did an internship with Teen Mania Ministries.  During the day, I did promotional calling for the on-campus production company, which also functions as a film and television school called the Center for Creative Media.  I stayed a second year, this time as a student at CCM on the Production Management track and a Peer Advisor for the first year CCM girls. 

Fast forward to March of this year.

I'd been stewing and dreaming about missions and photography, and decided that my old boss from CCM would be an ideal person to include in my plans.  We met up at Tulsa Acquire the Fire and he immediately got me connected with other photographers and started making suggestions for my next steps.  Just a few weeks later, he called and gave me an incredible opportunity.  He was taking all the CCMers to work at the greater New York area ATF and needed a photographer to take some stills at the event!  I was ecstatic and started working out the details right away!

The experience was amazing.
I loved meeting new people, seeing the magical city of New York and working this incredible event.

There was this moment where time stood completely still.  I had my camera in hand and was suddenly and entirely overwhelmed by the presence of the Lord.  I stopped and looked around me at the thousands of people worshiping and felt so completely fulfilled.  What a blessing to be doing something you love and glorifying the Lord with it.  I couldn't have asked for a cooler way to spent that week.









No comments:

Post a Comment