On Saturday, I did something I didn't think I could do.
I ran the Warrior Dash.
Roommate and I woke up at the crack of dawn, packed our car full of old towels, snacks, Walmart bags and water bottles and drove out into the boonies of Morris, Oklahoma.
Once we got of our paperwork taken care of and our gear checked, we headed to the start line and got our game faces on [even though I was seriously nervous about not being harcore enough].
The race was a 5k with obstacles and there was a lot more intense running than I was expecting. I guess I was thinking that the run would be flat and that the obstacles would be evenly spread out throughout the event, but I was wrong on both counts! It felt like the majority of the running was uphill and we ran a full 1.5 miles before we even hit our first obstacle.
I had so much fun and felt so accomplished at the end. I remember feeling like I was going to die a little bit during my last 5k and this time, I felt energized and excited and like I could keep going. What a great difference :)
I was also so glad that Kaley did it with me. It wouldn't have been nearly as fun or easy without her!
Thanks to Kale's waterproof camera, here are some fun pictures of our Warrior Dash experience:








I'm so excited for you!I love that you accomplished the Warrior Dash. Kayle and I have wanted to do this for years. Each time it happens, we're either out of town or something lame like that. I hope to tackle it next year. And I love that you are pursuing photography! Yeah!!!
ReplyDeletethank you so much :) it was SO fun...you guys havvvve to make it happen some time! well, i still have a lot to learn, but i'm loving it :)
DeleteLove the pictures! But could you explain the handprint on her face? How did she come up w/ that? lol, sorry just curious!
ReplyDeletethanks, lindsey! i don't know--it seemed reminiscent of "braveheart" to me :)
Delete